Through large and small initiatives, the bank aims to make the world a little bit better. They support local enterprises and larger non-profit organizations and thus contribute to the welfare and prosperity of the community.
Effective Risk Management and operational efficiency and effectiveness are critical to the ongoing and long-term success of this bank. The Group has adopted a three lines of responsibility model as part of its Risk Management Framework. Within this model, the 1st line is responsible for the effective day-to-day risk management decision-making.
The FEC W&R - In control officer will ensure Insight and oversight of the FEC Risk Control Framework in W&R regions by the management of the W&R FEC Operations. It facilitates the incorporation of control monitoring and periodic ICM reporting into the governance activities of the department.
By having full insight and oversight, the W&R FEC Operations department is able to focus on the operational setup and operational performance in W&R regions and the controls in place to ensure FEC risk mitigation and a robust delivery platform.
The FEC W&R - In control officer works directly with the subject matter experts in the different W&R regions, specifically addressing FEC Risks and controls being fit for purpose as may arise in the W&R FEC regional teams. The FEC W&R - In control officer also acts as a change agent within the 1st line of responsibility, facilitating full front-to-back activity reviews, engaging in initiatives to assist regional FEC leaders in understanding impacts to the team's risk and control environment to enhance operational performance, working across domains and areas to facilitate best practice and sharing of knowledge. The role is a key enabler for the W&R FEC Operations to achieve their FEC objectives through understanding the operational aspects of the teams and adopting efficient and effective processes and controls to deliver the operation in a controlled manner.
- Act as a sparring partner or brainstorm along with management or employees regarding the specialist partner or brainstorm along with management or employees regarding specialist professional issues.
- Investigate and analyze the FEC risks, effectiveness, and efficiency of FEC controls, FEC Findings, and Operational Incidents. Write down the results of the investigation and analysis in a FEC operational Risk Report.
- An understanding of banking and finance operations.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English.
Good to have:
- Monitoring, supervising, and motivating the proper implementation and management of FEC, Risk, and Controls in the regions.
- Essential Skills A minimum of 5 years related experience in the financial services industry with a focus on controls, auditing, operational risk, or process engineering is considered useful.
- An in-depth understanding of Risk Management within the financial services industry and related regulatory standards. Experience in managing risk, evaluating risk, and reviewing risk.
- Experience managing stakeholders and have experience dealing with senior management and business and commercial teams.
- Experience in communicating and managing change including delivering training to staff on risk management.
- Support managers or employees to ensure Insight and oversight of the FEC Risk Control Framework in W&R regions.