Department Enabling Technology
Within Enabling Technology, the team build self-service developer platforms for everyone to ensure a simplified and automated landscape that is always on, so developers can focus on creating value!
The Container team (Openshift Platform) is self-organizing. They use a mix of Scrum and Kanban. This way the team keep their cycle time as low as possible and succeed very well. They focus on delivering value and don't want to spend all day writing stories.
The structure and composition of the team changes regularly as circumstances demand. Therefore, they ask for your flexible way of working.
As Lead Engineer, your primary responsibility and authority is to lead the platform team on technical design decisions. You will also monitor whether the platform team deliverables are in line with the platform team standards. You and your team will contribute directly to Schiphol's Strategic Program: Autonomous Airport A broad scope, including design, integration with other platforms, and vendor engagement. You play a crucial role in cross-functional collaborations and decision-making processes.
As Lead Engineer, you have a broad scope, including design, integration with other platforms, and vendor engagement. You play a crucial role in cross-functional collaborations and decision-making processes.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for the OpenShift platform: Therefore you need a deep understanding of OpenShift and its ecosystem.
- Making decisions and ensuring the platform aligns with Schiphol and team vision and strategy.
- Determining and prioritizing the roadmap, along with the Product Owner.
- Consult business units in decision making processes for making (future) use of the OpenShift platform.
- Mentoring and guiding the team.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues related to the OpenShift environment.
- Stay updated with the latest OpenShift features, updates and industry trends.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, optimizing the platform for performance and cost.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation schedule.
- Proven experience in leading technical teams and projects.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Then we would like to speak to you! Forward your updated CV with a cover letter by hitting the APPLY button. For questions about the vacancy, Angie Hollink can be reached at +31(0)626440024 | firstname.lastname@example.org