Foundation4Tech is responsible for delivering stable, high-quality, secure, and cost-efficient infrastructure solutions for the bank’s businesses. This incorporates design, implementation, security, and support of (amongst others) data center networks, server capacity, data centers, workplace (desktop, laptop, mobile) etc.
Storage Services manages European and Global storage supporting over 50PB on storage on Enterprise and Modular Hitachi storage arrays (G5600, G700, G370) accessible via a Brocade FC network composed of both Director and Departmental switches using software tools such as Hitachi Command Suite, Hitachi Opscentre suite, Hitrack, and Brocade San Navigator. The team manages an Archiving solution built on Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) and Hitachi Content Intelligence (HCI) as well as over 15PB of Cloudian clusters.
Day-to-day duties include continuity, tuning, capacity management, and troubleshooting. Each team member will typically run with a number of initiatives within these skills which may involve security enhancement, lifecycle management, migrations, automation, and audit.
Business Knowledge / Technical Skills:
• The role requires an in-depth knowledge of both SAN architectures and technology. In particular, an in-depth knowledge of Hitachi Vantara Enterprise and Modular SANs, Brocade, and Cisco switches.
• Experience in using SAN tools: Hitachi Command Suite, Hitachi Opscentre (administrator, analyzer replicator, and Automator), HORCM, Hitrack, Brocade SAN Navigator
• Experience managing continuity, capacity, and performance of Cloudian Object Storage
• Experience managing continuity, capacity, and performance of Hitachi Content Platform Object Storage and Hitachi Content Intelligence Search and Indexing software
• Configuration and troubleshooting of replication technologies, such as True copy (sync and async), HUR, HDID, GAD, and Shadow image
• Knowledge of VMware implementations with SAN storage
• Troubleshoot SAN performance problems.
• Troubleshoot server and storage, stability, and performance problems for SAN.
• Definition and documentation of best practice process and design.
• Install and configure SAN hardware and software once racked and connected by the vendor.
• Identify requirements and develop/deploy solutions for SAN environments.
• Experience working for a company supporting a large number of SAN-attached servers.
• Strong knowledge of at least one operating system.
• Clear verbal and written communication with peers and management
• Willingness to travel between NL and UK and globally as required.
The candidate should be fluent in the English language
• Scripting for analysis tools to integrate into HP OBM & SCOM.
• Knowledge and understanding of major vendor enterprise and modular storage SAN solutions.
• Knowledge of client operating systems comprising Windows/RHEL/Solaris/AIX
• Knowledge of Cloudian HyperIQ
• Experience of working in an Agile sprint/scrum environment
• Experience with using Ansible playbooks
• Written and spoken Dutch
Good communication skills
The ability to analyze and resolve problems
The ability to prioritize multiple tasks
The ability to work to deadlines
Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to the role
The ability to work well with a team and customers split across locations
Key areas of responsibility:
• Ensure operational stability and supportability
• Deliver initiatives to schedule and budget
• Within the context of the Storage function, innovate to develop the storage offerings
Within these responsibilities the following specific tasks are key:
• Maintain data retention for historic data
• Perform daily, weekly, and periodic checks and procedures as required to ensure operational reliability.
• Deliver a stable storage environment that has 100% uptime and acceptable performance characteristics for the customer.
• Perform product lifecycle management of hardware, firmware, and software.
• Test, maintain, and improve monitoring and checking.
• Add and remove storage to new and existing servers according to defined process and policy.
• Perform Operational Acceptance Tests for storage infrastructure before it is accepted into Prod.
• Capacity planning of storage environments ensuring appropriate investment is made at the appropriate time.
• Review usage of storage resources (disk, ports, etc.) and reclaim where appropriate
• Ensure that standards are maintained in line with departmental policies and automated checks where practical
• Accountable for delivery of individually-assigned initiatives
• Manages security vulnerabilities, proactively patch to KPI’s